As Rugby Indiana continues to celebrate 30 years of youth & high school rugby in the State of Indiana, they have announced a new annual award. The Rugby Indiana Hall of Fame. At the 30th Anniversary Celebration and Dinner, November 14, 2020, the inaugural Hall of Fame Class will be inducted.
Nominations will remain open until 14 September.
Hall Of Fame Criteria:
1. Distinguished participation in or contribution to growth of youth rugby in Indiana by an individual player, coach, referee, promoter, doctor, physio, sports media personality or journalist. The Selection Committee will also consider teams, groups or anyone else deemed eligible by the Selection Committee. Actions and accomplishments before the start of Indiana Youth Rugby will be considered as they contributed to the growth of youth rugby.
2. While each nominee’s rugby achievements are of prime consideration, their conduct and record as a citizen during and after the conclusion of their athletic endeavors is to be also weighed.
3. With respect to teams and groups, the Selection Committee will consider each nominee’s (a) degree of achievement; (b) the uniqueness of their accomplishment, (c) the degree of difficulty of their achievement, (d) whether or not the accomplishment is replicable by another in the near future.
4. All Rugby Indiana (IYRF) members past and present are eligible.
5. It is highly recommended that nominees are submitted based on their “body of work” and growth of rugby in Indiana.
Hall of Fame Review Process:
Evaluation and selection of the recipient of the HOF will be done by the current Selection Committee as approved by Rugby Indiana Board of Directors.
Candidates can be submitted by individuals, clubs, or by the Selection Committee members for review and evaluation of the candidate based on the “body of work” and participation in the growth of youth rugby in Indiana. From those candidates the Selection Committee will then determine the pool of eligible nominees.
Once nominated, a nominee remains in the pool of eligible nominees for 5-years.
The Selection Committee will decide each year's class of inductees from the eligible pool of nominees.
Nomination Evaluation Criteria (body of work):